About 2 Stones Events
We (Cal & Whitney Stone) are passionate about music and how it relates to economic development in communities -- the importance of building and branding a live music series, festivals and other music-related events, as well as the impact it has on the well-being of a community, its residents and business owners.
Our company’s roots go back to March 2002 with a Wynton Marsalis fundraising concert at the Brighton Center for the Performing Arts, and we officially incorporated as 2 Stones Events in March 2009. Larger productions include the Lincoln Center Jazz Orchestra, Ramsey Lewis, a Chicago Blues Bash!, George Winston and Branford Marsalis.
Our fourth live music series at the Tipping Point Theatre in Northville -- Jazz @ The Point -- kicks off Nov. 3 with Tumbao Bravo. And we've forged a multi-year partnership with the City of Novi to present a downtown music festival -- The Main Event Novi.
2 Stones Events also helps area clubs/restaurants and other venues with live music bookings (Brighton Bar & Grill, Baronette Renaissance Hotel Novi, Southfield Town Center, The Main Crossing, Leaf Barley Vine, Mt. Brighton, Hyatt Fireside, Michigan Beer Company, Downtown Main Martini Bar & Grille, The Grapevine, Lake Street Tavern, Aberrant Ales and the Tipping Point Theatre). We also book musicians (and occasionally DJs) for weddings and private and corporate parties throughout the year.
We are fortunate to work with incredibly talented musicians who are not only professional, but also some of the best in the world. For your Michigan event, if you need live music — in nearly any genre and budget — contact us ( mailto:info@2StonesEvents.com or tel:586-484-8797 ).
Below is a list of events that we have been contracted to provide a variety of services — consulting, planning, event creation, marketing, sound reinforcement, musicians, securing venues, soliciting sponsorships, handling artist riders (transportation, backline, lodging, meals), afterglow parties, site management, vendor relations, food/beverage, décor, silent and live auctions, generators, tents, tables, chairs, portapotties, staging, lights, kids area, sidewalk sales, and casino tents. We also carry music licensing from ASCAP and BMI and, of course, liability insurance.
· George Winston, 2018: joint partnership with the Greater Brighton Area Chamberof Commerce at the Hartland Performing Arts Center
· Chicago Blues Bash!, 2018: three-band concert by 2 Stones Events at the Flagstar Strand Theatre in Pontiac.
· Marty Stuart & His Fabulous Superlatives with special guest Jill Jack, 2018: concert by 2 Stones Events at the Brighton Center for the Performing Arts.
· Jazz @ The Point, 2016-19: series of concerts by 2 Stones Events at Northville's Tipping Point Theatre
· Secunda Sounds - Classic Hits (with a twist!), 2017-2018: series of concerts by 2 Stones Events in Cleary University in Howell
· Pour on the Shore, 2017-2018: fundraiser for Novi Parks Foundation
· Taste of Brighton, 2013-2018: two-day music event for the downtown merchants
· The Main Event Novi (formerly Vibe on Main) 2016-18: annual festival by 2 Stones Events in partnership with the City of Novi
· Northville Arts & Acts, 2009-2018: annual three-day event featuring a variety of arts for the Northville Art House
· Brighton Fine Arts & Acoustic Music Festival, 2010-2018: two-day event for the Greater Brighton Area Chamber of Commerce
· Mt. Brighton, 2014-2018: music series for mountain bike races and bands on the patio, and miscellaneous events
· Brighton Smokin’ Jazz & Barbecue Blues, 2010-2018: two-day music festival for Greater Brighton Area Chamber of Commerce
· Michigan State Fair, 2012-2018: at Suburban Collection Showplace in Novi
· Acoustic Wednesdays, 2017-2018: for Southfield Town Center
· Appreciation Parties, 2012-2018: for Crystal Glen Office Building in Novi
· Brighton Bar & Grill, 2011-2018: solo and duo musicians every Thursday
· Baronette Renaissance Hotel, 2014-2018: live music every Wednesday in Novi
· Sock Hop Soiree, 2018: annual fundraising event for St. Joseph Mercy Livingston at Crystal Gardens in Howell
· Springtime in Havana with Aguanko, 2018: fundraising concert for Bountiful Harvest held at Crystal Gardens in Howell
· Jazz concerts: fundraisers for various organizations featuring international artists (George Winston, Wynton Marsalis, Eric Reed, Cyrus Chestnut, Branford Marsalis, Lincoln Center Jazz Orchestra, Ramsey Lewis and Marcus Printup)
· Currents, 2016: annual one-day music event put on by Milford Downtown Development Authority
· Jazz @ The Pond, 2013-2017: monthly music series by 2 Stones Events at Brighton's Mill Pond
· Kittens & Crooners, 2016: series of four jazz concerts at Northville's Tipping Point Theatre
· Novi Town Center, 2012-2017: multiple events for shopping plaza
· Friends of Providence Gala, 2012-2016: for Saint John’s Health System at the Henry Ford Museum in Dearborn
· Summerfest: annual two-day event in downtown Brighton (now Taste of Brighton) for Principal Shopping District
· Rock the Block, 2015-2017: monthly summer music events by Howell’s Downtown Development Authority
· Sunset Jazz: monthly music series at Fuerst Park in Novi
· Walk This Way Tour, national, 2011-2015: booking speaker Ron Bachman anti-bullying program (hundreds of shows)
· Michigan 50’s Festival: 21-year-old annual Novi event
· Chocolate, Art & All That Jazz: gala for ArtsNovi
· Creation, Libation, Vibration: ArtsNovi event
· Blues, Brews & Brats, 2012-2015: one-day music event for the South Lyon Chamber of Commerce/Downtown Development Authority
· Pink and White Party: charity fundraiser in Brighton
· Book It!, Novi, 2011-13: annual fundraiser for Novi Public Library
· Grapes & Grooves: annual fundraiser for Greater Novi Chamber of Commerce
· CORE Brighton Community Reunion event, 2014: three days, multiple events
· It’s A Big Deal: game show fundraiser for Greater Novi Chamber of Commerce
· Go Figure: fundraiser for ArtsNovi
· Local Live: spring event for Greater Brighton Area Chamber of Commerce
· Voices for Vets, multiple locations 2014-2015: a music series culminating in a large festival in 2015 for Michigan Association of Drug Court Professionals
· Summer Sidewalk Series: weekly outdoor concerts at Twelve Mile Crossing in Novi
· Back to School Rocks: event at Green Oak Village Place mall
· Rocktoberfest: fall event for Greater Brighton Area Chamber of Commerce
· American Spirit Centre: one-day fundraiser for Brighton veterans facility