We (Cal & Whitney Stone) are passionate about music and how it relates to economic development in communities -- the importance of building and branding a live music series, festivals and other music-related events, as well as the impact it has on the well-being of a community, its residents and business owners.
Our company’s roots go back to March 2002 with a Wynton Marsalis fundraising concert at the Brighton Center for the Performing Arts, and we officially incorporated as 2 Stones Events in March 2009. Larger productions include the Lincoln Center Jazz Orchestra, Ramsey Lewis, George Winston and Branford Marsalis. A few special, intimate concerts that we’ve produced include jazz musicians Paul Keller and Patrick Prouty at Novi Andiamo, and The Jill Jack Trio’s Holiday Show at Downtown Main Martini Bar & Grille.
We have a great lineup for our third live music series at the Tipping Point Theatre in Northville -- Jazz @ The Point, presented by Financial Architects Inc. Likewise, our second Secunda Sounds series -- Classic Hits (with a twist!) -- will be held at Cleary University in Howell. And we've forged a three-year partnership with the City of Novi to present a downtown music festival -- The Main Event Novi.
2 Stones Events also helps area clubs/restaurants and other venues with live music bookings (Brighton Bar & Grill, Baronette Renaissance Hotel, Buon Gusto, The Main Crossing, Leaf Barley Vine, Mt. Brighton, Hyatt Fireside, Michigan Beer Company, Downtown Main Martini Bar & Grille, The Grapevine, Lake Street Tavern and the Tipping Point Theatre). We also book musicians (and occasionally DJs) for weddings and private and corporate parties throughout the year.
We are fortunate to work with incredibly talented musicians who are not only professional, but also some of the best in the world. For your Michigan event, if you need live music — in nearly any genre and budget — contact us!
Below is a list of events that we have been contracted to provide a variety of services — consulting, planning, event creation, marketing, sound reinforcement, musicians, securing venues, soliciting sponsorships, handling artist riders (transportation, backline, lodging, meals), afterglow parties, site management, vendor relations, food/beverage, décor, silent and live auctions, generators, tents, tables, chairs, portapotties, staging, lights, backline, kids area, sidewalk sales, and casino tents. We also carry music licensing from ASCAP and BMI and, of course, liability insurance.
· Jazz @ The Point, 2017-18: series of concerts at Northville's Tipping Point Theatre
· Secunda Sounds - Classic Hits (with a twist!), 2017: series of concerts in Cleary University's Secunda Museum in Howell
· Taste of Brighton, 2013-2017: two-day music event for the downtown merchants
· The Main Event Novi (formerly Vibe on Main) 2016-17: annual festival put on by 2 Stones Events and City of Novi
· Rock the Block, 2015-2017: monthly summer music events by Howell’s Downtown Development Authority
· Pour on the Shore, 2017: fundraiser for Novi Parks Foundation
· Jazz @ The Pond, Brighton 2013-2017: monthly music series put on by 2 Stones Events
· Northville Arts & Acts, 2009-2017: annual three-day event featuring a variety of arts for the Northville Art House
· Brighton Fine Arts & Acoustic Festival, 2010-2017: two-day event for the Greater Brighton Chamber of Commerce
· Brighton Smokin’ Jazz & Barbecue Blues, 2010-2017: two-day music festival for Greater Brighton Chamber of Commerce
· Mt. Brighton, 2014-2017: music series for mountain bike races and bands on the patio, and miscellaneous events
· Novi Town Center, 2012-2017: multiple events for shopping plaza
· Michigan State Fair, Novi, 2012-2017: at Suburban Collection Showplace
· Acoustic Wednesdays, 2012-2017: for Southfield Town Center
· Appreciation Parties, Novi, 2012-2017: for Crystal Glen Office Building
· Brighton Bar Grill, 2011-2017: solo and duo musicians every Thursday.
· Hotel Baronette, Novi, 2014-2017: live music every Wednesday.
· Sock Hop Soiree, 2018: annual fundraising event for St. Joseph Mercy Livingston
· Aguanko, Crystal Gardens in Howell, 2018: fundraising concert for Bountiful Harvest
· Jazz concerts: fundraisers for various organizations featuring international artists (George Winston, Wynton Marsalis, Eric Reed, Cyrus Chestnut, Branford Marsalis, Lincoln Center Jazz Orchestra, Ramsey Lewis and Marcus Printup)
· Currents, Milford 2016: annual one-day music event put on by Milford Downtown Development Authority
· Kittens & Crooners, 2016: series of four jazz concerts at Northville's Tipping Point Theatre
· Friends of Providence Gala, Detroit, 2012-2016: for Saint John’s Health System
· Summerfest: annual two-day event in downtown Brighton (now Taste of Brighton) for Principal Shopping District
· Sunset Jazz: monthly music series in Novi
· Walk This Way Tour, national, 2011-2015: booking speaker Ron Bachman anti-bullying program (hundreds of shows)
· Michigan 50’s Festival: 21-year-old annual Novi event
· Chocolate, Art & All That Jazz: gala for ArtsNovi
· Creation, Libation, Vibration: ArtsNovi event
· Blues, Brews & Brats, South Lyon, 2012-2015: one-day music event for the South Lyon Chamber of Commerce/Downtown Development Authority
· Pink and White Party: charity fundraiser in Brighton
· Book It!, Novi, 2011-13: annual fundraiser for Novi Public Library
· Grapes & Grooves: annual fundraiser for Greater Novi Chamber of Commerce
· CORE Brighton Community Reunion event, 2014: three days, multiple events
· It’s A Big Deal: game show fundraiser for Greater Novi Chamber of Commerce
· Go Figure: fundraiser for ArtsNovi
· Local Live: spring event for Greater Brighton Chamber of Commerce
· Voices for Vets, multiple locations 2014-2015: a music series culminating in a large festival in 2015 for Michigan Association of Drug Court Professionals
· Twelve Mile Crossing Summer Sidewalk Series: weekly outdoor concerts in Novi
· Back to School Rocks: event at Green Oak Village Place mall
· Rocktoberfest: fall event for Greater Brighton Area Chamber of Commerce
· American Spirit Centre: one-day fundraiser for Brighton veterans’ facility